Creation Meditation is a spiritual practice that combines meditation, the cultivation of concentration and awareness, with creativity, unrestrained outpouring of what is arising from within.
Creation Meditation is a powerful practice for those walking both Western and Eastern paths. The historical agendas of Western religion have deeply wounded the collective psyche, repressing and controlling sexuality – the creative, life force. This long-time enslavement of humanity is often experienced as a self-enslavement.
Creation Meditation is a practice that specifically heals this wound, finally freeing us (!), and liberating the life force that is meant to move through our minds, hearts, and physical body (sexuality) freely, effortlessly, and blissfully. Rather than repressing the powerful life energy in you, the practice of Creation Meditation can transform the inner judging Father God into the loving, accepting radiant love of Christ.
From an Eastern view, Creation Meditation is a Tantric practice. The spiritual tradition of Tantra Yoga is not so much concerned with sexual pleasure as it is with the creative, life energy. The word Tantra comes from the two Sanskrit words tanoti, which means expansion, and trayati, which means liberation. Tantra Yoga attempts to expand awareness to include all opposing aspects of oneself, such as remembered and forgotten, male and female, dark and light, pleasurable and painful, thereby awakening to the wholeness of the universe. Like Tantra, Creation Meditation uses the life energy, in all the ways it shows up in your life, as a means for awakening.
Read more about how to use creativity as a means for awakening here.
This practice is for those who are feeling:
· contained and cut off from life.
· caught between right & wrong, acceptable & unacceptable, good & bad.
· an inability to express what you want when you want.
· a prisoner of perfectionism, of the judging mind, of self-criticism.
· as though you don't know how to be yourself.
· an inability to trust your own thoughts and feelings.
· caught in a controlling job, relationship, or life situation.
· confused about your life's path.
· an excessive amount of anxiety and/or depression.
On the level of the soul, you might be feeling:
· a desire break through cultural confusion and numbness.
· a desire for meaning and a deeper connection to life.
· a sense of urgency about realizing your hidden gifts and talents.
· a longing to be authentic and creative.
· a deep sense to finally get quiet.
· a sense of internal disorganization and desire to make sense of it all.
· a deepening pull toward an intelligent inner world.
· a longing to be more loving and accepting towards yourself and others.
If you are feeling this way, there are many opportunities to learn more and practice. Using the navigation bar above, explore events, courses, audios, retreats, articles, books, and more.
To support your spiritual growth and the flowering of who you are, enter your name and email on the right and get your free copy of Tantra and the Yoga of Creativity: Open Up to Your Authentic Expression.
We look forward to getting to know you! Welcome!